Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Realms-L list is shutting down
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  21:26:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm using a Mac and the links don't work at all for me from the get-go. Oh well, I'll just have to remember what we wrote all those years ago!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2015 :  21:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of them do work. I think it might be the more recent listings, but some of them do. I just haven't figured out if it's random, or around a specific date range.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  16:55:00  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you look in the scripts folder in the oracle.wizards.com folder then you can see which pages exist there.

The problem is that there are only 3249 files in that folder which leads me to believe that a large proportion of files are missing (the numbering system of the files is all over the place).

There are still quite a few usable pages (i've looked through 500 now and the Rooms of Undermountain work is in there in pieces, and plenty of arguments about 4e. I still think there might be some that are lost though, or maybe placed elsewhere.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2015 :  17:01:06  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

If you look in the scripts folder in the oracle.wizards.com folder then you can see which pages exist there.

The problem is that there are only 3249 files in that folder which leads me to believe that a large proportion of files are missing (the numbering system of the files is all over the place).

There are still quite a few usable pages (i've looked through 500 now and the Rooms of Undermountain work is in there in pieces, and plenty of arguments about 4e. I still think there might be some that are lost though, or maybe placed elsewhere.

Good to know. Thanks for figuring that out. I'm glad it's not a total loss, and it seems that a good bit still works.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2015 :  20:19:32  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I just found some of the realms archive on the internet.

I was searching for stuff about Flamsterd and spotted a link to the realms-l archive stuff. I clicked on the link and it took me to WoTC homepage.

However, I noticed a little arrow underneath the link that says "cached" if you hover over it. Click on that arrow and it takes you to a google cache of the webpage.

Don't know if that will help anyone or not.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Evrat
Acolyte

France
45 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  10:18:33  Show Profile Send Evrat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I am looking the PEOPLE, HISTORY: The Nobles of Cormyr - Part 1 to 6
published "Wizard mailing list archive".

It's listed below in http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Cormaeril
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  20:27:49  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know if people are still interested in the old realms L stuff that I thought was all gone but just in case I found this link that appears to have all the old mails.

http://www.secretsofthearchmages.net/Forums/Main_Pages.html

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 21 Nov 2016 20:28:48
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  20:39:28  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing, dazzlerdal

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  23:46:19  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Incredible, thanks!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  23:58:58  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Don't know if people are still interested in the old realms L stuff that I thought was all gone but just in case I found this link that appears to have all the old mails.

http://www.secretsofthearchmages.net/Forums/Main_Pages.html

I'm going to pop up from lurking (I've been busy with a career change), but this is a great find Dazz! I haven't stopped perusing the site since you posted the link!

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  01:10:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just reading through some of it (from 2007), and I came across an entry... BY ME.

I never participated in the 'L' List. At least some of that appears to be archived information gathered from the WotC boards.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  01:17:37  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I was just reading through some of it (from 2007), and I came across an entry... BY ME.

I never participated in the 'L' List. At least some of that appears to be archived information gathered from the WotC boards.

Yes, the L mails are down the list. The other links seem to be from the WotC forums.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  04:13:04  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know a good way to download all these at once and back them up? I'm just paranoid they're eventually going to disappear into the ether.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2016 :  06:49:20  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm more worried about the amount of time I've lost already trawling through old topics, remembering many old Realms-L grognards and seeing stuff like my first reveal of the North Timeline. Good times. And simpler.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2016 :  09:43:21  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im so glad i found this. so much info, particularly on cormyr and the lineage and some of the oddities.

im just searching based on names like george krashos, ericlboyd, garen.

does anyonr know of any other realmslore authorities on the lists and what names they went by to make it easier to find their contributions

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2016 :  11:06:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jeffrey Thetford and Andrew Hackard used to provide responses from Ed every so often to the Realms-L - I didn't have Ed's e-mail address back in those earlier days. People like Jason Antokas (AJA), our still-around sleyvas, Rob Chronister, Bryon Wischstadt, Grant Christie and others all provided quality realmslore contributions over the years. No doubt there were many more, but memory fails after all these years.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6353 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2016 :  12:01:08  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that list is more than enough. thankyou George.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

503 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2016 :  06:43:37  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit late to this party but wow... sad state of affairs. It does seem like a trend on the web lately though, more and more sites are going dark. Information is just blinking out of existence. I never actually posted to the mailing lists but I did spend so many hours reading them, just falling more and more in love with D&D and especially the Realms. I feel this is what companies do not understand, its information depots like this which kindle a flame in people that continues on for decades. Between information disappearing and the abundance of garbage on the web today it seems hard to find anything to get lost in.

Also, I loved "A Temporal Chronology of the Primes", was my go to guide for timelines, still is when I do planer crossovers.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000